Terms and Conditions
- Payment. For chosen teaching services purchased online through www.homeschoolclick.com, Parents agree to pay Alicia Brown ("Instructor") the agreed-upon package price or hourly rate. It is understood that the Parent will be charged at the time of enrollment.
- Refund Policy. All sales are final and non-refundable.
- Late Arrivals. In the event of a student's late arrival or early termination of class, there
shall be no adjustment to class time. A class extension by mutual agreement should compensate for lost time due to the instructor's late arrival. Teachers agree to wait fifteen (15) minutes after the scheduled start time of the class for the Student's arrival before considering that class canceled without adequate notice.
- Cancellation. If the Parent or Student cancels a class with less than 24 hours' notice, the Parent will not receive a refund and the prepayment will not be refunded or transferred to another date. A student who cancels more than 24 hours before class may reschedule. If unable to attend a class with less than 24 hours' notice, the Student should contact the Instructor by email at email@example.com or by phone at (618) 580-3748. If Instructor cancels a class for any reason, the prepayment will be applied to a future class mutually agreeable to the Instructor and the Student.
- Location. All class offerings are provided online only.
- Recording of Classes. For the safety of instructors and students, all group online
classes will be recorded. Recordings of group classes are available to all students
enrolled in group classes. Private instruction is not recorded.
- Parent Responsibilities.
- For group classes, parents are to remain the primary educators in their student’s coursework.
- Parents agree to keep their children focused during class time, read all assignments carefully before they are submitted, and check that coursework is completed correctly.
- Parents are responsible for checking student feedback from the Instructor on a weekly basis.
- Intellectual Property. The Parent and Student agree not to reproduce or distribute any materials that are provided to them as students of this course. The Parent and Student recognize that lessons, worksheets, assignments, and other class materials in any form are the sole intellectual property of Alicia Brown or IEW and agree not to transmit such materials in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise.
- No Guarantees or Warranties. This agreement is for the provision of instruction time. Any instruction time provided by Alicia Brown is not a guarantee or warranty regarding a student's performance. Alicia Brown will do her best to help a student succeed, but results and other outcomes are the responsibility of the student and not guaranteed.
- Liability. It is understood that Alicia Brown's total liability shall not exceed the amount paid by the Student to Alicia Brown for the services rendered.
- Entire Agreement. These terms and conditions, together with the Website Disclaimer and Course Specific Terms and Conditions are the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any prior agreements and arrangements, whether written or oral. It can only be modified in writing.
- Other Terms & Conditions. Alicia Brown has sole discretion to cancel ongoing classes. In such a situation, the Student will not be allowed to continue booking classes and Alicia Brown will within ten (10) business days refund to the original method of payment a pro-rated amount for all unused private classes or group classes. The Student will have no recourse other than this refund.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held illegal or unenforceable in a judicial proceeding, such provision shall be severed and shall be inoperative, and the remainder of this Agreement shall remain operative and binding on the Parties. The Students, Parents, and/or legal guardians acknowledge that a student’s failure to perform on any test or in any other procedure or process designed to assess a student’s intelligence, knowledge and/or academic abilities at the level expected shall not constitute a breach of this contract nor any other legally comprehensible cause of action against Alicia Brown. When parents and/or guardians proceed with services, they agree to the terms of this agreement and acknowledge that no warranty or guarantee is made regarding a student's success or performance on any test or in any other process or procedure designed to assess a student's intelligence, knowledge, and/or academic achievement. The student's parents and/or legal guardians hereby waive any and all claims against Alicia Brown for any and all damages or injuries allegedly caused by the student's failure to perform at any defined level on any such test or other procedure or process designed to evaluate student intelligence, knowledge, and/or academic achievement.